About the Mentorship category

Connect with other engineers for mentorship. Seek mentors for your career, and offer your rich experience to help potential mentees.

General Guidelines:
Mentoring is the relationship between someone who wants to share their experience and someone who wants to grow. Mentorship can be more technical (e.g. code review, coding observation, helping plan out a new project) or more personal (e.g. career advice, offer negotiation, network connections), or a mix of the two.

If you are seeking a mentor, please start from this template (be sure to include the “Seeking a Mentor” line):

Seeking a mentor:

• Location (city, state, country, and whether you are open to remote mentorship):
  • Current Job Title/Level:
  • Years of Experience / Education / Background:
  • What you want to learn more about in general:
  • Current project you’re working on:
  • How often you would like to meet:

Here is an example of what it looks like:

Seeking a mentor:

• Location (city, state, country, or remote): San Francisco, CA, USA; remote ok
  • Current Job Title/Level: currently searching for first engineering job
  • Years of Experience / Education / Background: 0 years of engineering experience. I was previously a high school math teacher. I have my BS in Math and an MS in Education, then decided to attend a 4-month, front-end-focused bootcamp.
  • What you want to learn more about in general: Responsive design - we started working on this in my bootcamp and I want to learn how to implement it in my project below
  • Current project you’re working on: [link to a GitHub project]
  • How often you would like to meet: I’m very flexible. Probably 2x per month for 1 hour would be great to start.

If you would like to be a mentor, please start from this template (be sure to include the “Mentorship Offer” line):

Mentorship Offer:

• Location (city, state, country, and whether you are open to remote mentoring):
  • Current Job Title/Level:
  • Years of Experience / Education / Background:
  • Type of mentorship offered:
  • Any affinity groups you would particularly like to work with?
  • How often you would like to meet (what about contact between formal meetings?):

Here is an example of what it looks like:

Mentorship Offer:

• Location (city, state, country, and whether you are open to remote mentoring): Bay Area, CA, USA; not open to remote
  • Current Job Title/Level/Company: Senior Software Engineer, Triplebyte
  • Years of Experience / Education / Background: 3 years - started as a front-end focused product engineer and am now Team Lead on the Product Engineering team
  • Type of mentorship offered: Front-end focused technical mentoring and/or career advice
  • Any affinity groups you would particularly like to work with? I particularly want to help early-career female-identifying engineers or those without a formal CS degree (self-taught or bootcamp grads), but am open to inquiries from other potential mentees as well.
  • How often you would like to meet (what about contact between formal meetings?): I am available twice a month for a 2-hour in-person meeting, and I am ok with occasional e-mailing in-between meetings for quick questions.

Please note: All Triplebyte community members use this networking space and connect with other members at their own risk. We do not vet mentorship offers or asks, and we recommend that you use reasonable discretion when meeting or exchanging personal information with a new mentor or mentee.