Pomodor-no! Here’s the best way for engineers to time block their work days - Triplebyte Blog

In today's WFH life, it's actually more possible to completely commit to time-blocking, a system that can help you organize your day so as not to waste a single moment. And my method for doing it is especially great for seamlessly handling coding tasks right alongside the kind of administrative work or team communications surprises that try to pop in to disrupt your flow.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://triplebyte.com/blog/pomodor-no-here-s-the-best-way-for-engineers-to-time-block-their-work-days

I recommend structuring your day into five to six work blocks , each lasting 1.5 hours with 30-minute gaps in between.

You recommend working 10-12 hours a day or do you not mean work day? Can you please elaborate with an extended example?

2 Likes

Hah. @Joseph_Pacheco’s system gets him so focused that he puts in 10 hours without feeling it.

Editor here. I’ll add a disclaimer that normal human work days are probably only 4 or 5 time blocks.