Rated 3/5 on Programmatic Problem Solving

I don’t want to be cocky here and I’m sure that there are a lot of smart people here. That being said, I got 3 out of 5 on Programmatic Problem Solving while I believe this is one of my strong suits. Though I got rated higher in other categories. All the suggested questions on the results page are easy to answer. Could it be that it takes me second to read the problem as an ESL speaker, or just being too nervous during the test?

Is there a way to retake the test or prove this in other ways? I saw a mention about 3 attempts, but there is no interface for it.

1 Like

Totally agree with you! We, non-native English speakers, are discriminated and treated as having not enough programming skills while it takes an extra time and mental energy from us to understand the questions. Unfortunately, I’ve even failed a coding task just because the task description was too wordness and the time given too low. Although the task eventually turned out to be pretty simple, the time constraints ruined any chance to submit the correct solution.

1 Like

Hi @Danil_Kozyatnikov, that’s not cocky at all! You’re able to re-take our assessments via the Dashboard tab after you’ve answered a few questions about what you’re looking for. Sorry that this isn’t more clear. @Nick_O_Brien may be able to shed more light on this.

Unfortunately, I don’t think I’m the right person to answer questions about being a non-native speaker. Regarding your nerves, my initial thought is that you could look into test taking strategies to help you relax.